Well, we finally got the resutls on Braxton and the reseaon for his high fever (104.5) and extreme fatigue. It ook about 2.5 weeks to get the results becuase they lost it and had to start over. They finally found out that he has Epstein Barr Virus, which is a form of mono. He seems like he is feeling better but still very tired. The Dr. said that because he had it so bad and for so long, it could take his body a good 6-12 months to recover. Then, even after that time period it could become active anytime later in his life. I continue to ask myself why do my children get the weird stuff, mine can't just get strep throat, a cold or the flu, nope always something weird and something I can learn a little more about. Another bad thing about this virus is it is very contagious and my kids LOVE to share. Marshall has started running a fever, but I am just blaming it on his bottom molars he is getting and pushing lots of fluid. Just glad that now we have answers and try and keep Braxton rested.
2 comments:
So sorry Pam. It's nice to know what he has finally. I have to say though, I got mono in 6th grade, and it still gives me trouble sometimes! Take care of those cuties!
I hope he gets feeling better sooner rather than later!
Post a Comment